Joy

Joy
~ So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned to the One who gave it all ~

Friday, November 28, 2014

Our God is Greater - Deuteronomy 20:1

“When you go out to war against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and an army larger than your own, you shall not be afraid of them, for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt."
Deuteronomy 20:1 (ESV)

"Our God is greater." I have said it, I have sang it, I have prayed it, but I have never understood it like I have in the past two weeks. The last month and a half has been really difficult for me. I have been challenged in ways I never anticipated and experienced things training could never prepare me for. I felt like there was a huge army before me just like the one Moses described to the Israelites. Each armored man was a different struggle, problem, or difficulty. They were charging toward me and coming fast. I knew something had to change or I wasn't going to make it.
Two Wednesday's ago durning midweek service God reached down His mighty hand to save me from myself. He showed me that many of my struggles lately have been the result of allowing my mind wander. Seemingly harmless memories, hopes, or thoughts easily snowball into fit of bitterness, sadness, or discouragement. I suddenly knew that the only way to stop this kind of downward spiral was to take my thoughts captive and remind myself that my God is greater.

He's greater than the silly little things and the real life scary things.
He's greater on the good days and on the bad days.
He's greater when I get my way and when I don't.
He's greater where I am and where you are.
Our God is greater.  

This week I challenge you, when you feel like. . .

you can't.
it's too hard.
it's not fair.
it's too much.
it doesn't make sense.

Remember . . . OUR GOD IS GREATER! Feel the peace and freedom in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment