Joy

Joy
~ So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned to the One who gave it all ~

Friday, November 7, 2014

Breakdown 101 - Genesis 3:3-5

 but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 
Genesis 3:3-5 (ESV)

This morning we woke up to a new surprise: termites. We found them eating away at the cabinet we keep our food in. They even decided to divulge in the cookie mixes I brought from home to make around Christmastime. Normally, this is a type of situation that I could handle and find a solution to without too much drama. But...this morning my flesh reared it's ugly head and the enemy was quick to find a foothold amongst my breakdown. My mind began spinning with lies about how my presence here is pointless, I'd be better off at home, and that I should have never agreed to come into this program. Seriously? Just one little problem was able to dismantle my whole morning?
Luckily, my amazing teammate was able to sense my turmoil and pull me on my knees in prayer before I totally lost it but the whole situation really taught me something. Much like what happened to Adam and Eve in Genesis 3, when I let sin enter, I am easily tempted to beleive that God's plan is not what's best for me. I begin to almost revel in the lies that Satan feeds me instead of going straight to prayer or the promises of the Word.
Through mornings like today, I'm learning that going to God is necessary to do even if I'm frustrated with him or I don't understand what he is doing. Adam and Eve could have paused and asked God about the tree but instead they were quickly tempeted by the serpant. He wants me to come to him when I don't understand. He doesn't mind if I'm crying and upset. I don't have to be perfect before him and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment